LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 11 - Duckzilla!!

Well, there goes another week out here in Honduras. It started off with going to get our hair cut right after writing home last week. We walked into this barber shop, my companion sits down and starts talking to the guy, and i'm just sitting there thinking about what the heck is going on. Then the other barber tells me to come sit down and i'm not sure what the guy was saying but i was pretty sure that he was asking how i wanted my hair to be cut, i had no idea how to answer that, so i just said a few things, a few numbers, and he just started cutting. I have never had someone take such good care of my hair like that. I mean, this guy cuts my hair with the machine, then with scissors, and then after that he gets one of those old barber one sided blades and starts trimming up everything. It was the coolest thing ever. Then he asked for the equivallent of about 2 and a half dollars. I was shocked.

  Then during the week we walk into the house, and what I saw still shocks me to this day. First I see the normal 2 or 3 roosters walking around, but then out of nowhere this gigantic dinosaur looking thing walks in too. I'm just sitting there shocked, and i look a little closer and the freaking thing was a duck! It was like the child of a duck and a dinosaur. So this duckzilla thing, while i'm minding my own business, starts coming over to me. I make a gesture for it to walk away, and that thing literally grew spikes from like the top of its head down the back of his neck. I can't explain how it did that, but i swear, this 2 or three foot tall duck, grew spikes. now at this time i'm just like, i'm not about to be eaten by a freaking duck today, so i just started backing up, until the spikes went down and it resumed it's normal duck life. Then i felt it was safe to return to my normal missionary life.

  Also this week, we had splits with the zone leaders, and i had an actual SHOWER THAT HAD HOT WATER. I forgot how much i missed those, it was amazing. I definitely had taken a lot of things for granted when i was home. anyways, that's all for this week.

-Elder Case