LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 36 - "Nephi 3:7... Challenge accepted"

Well, changes (Transfers?) are coming this wednesday, and everyone has been anticipating them. We all knew that Hermana Contreras was going to leave, because well... she's completed her year and a half. So, we threw a little surprise party for her as a district. But when it came time for the party, it sort of turned into a goodbye for everyone, because we got the call telling us that practically all of us are leaving except my companion.

   Anyways, we were decorating the room, with ballons, and party stuff that I dont remember the names of in english. We were just sitting there, harmlessly filling up balloons, when out of nowhere a series of loud bangs go off. We look over to see that all of the balloons we were filling were popping because of the heat down here. We would fill them up, and 30 seconds later, they would heat up and pop. So... out of options, we decorated the room with very uninflated balloons haha.

  These past few weeks, my companion and I have found the perfect method to work with less actives, and bring their non-member family members to church. We've started helping young women work on their personal progresses to gain their medallion, and the duty to God with the young men. Lets just say, sometimes the apostacy down here works in your favor, because we were told that if we helped the young women earn their medallion, we also get young women medallions! haha

  As far as where Im going for my new area, is another story. I got a call saying that I'll be headed for the area "Guapinol" on Wednesday. The new area is THAT area that everyone prays they dont get sent to. This is how every conversation goes now- them-"Hey, where are you going?" me-"Gaupinol" them- "...oh...goodluck....I'll keep you in my prayers..." (note for mom- It's not a dangerous area) it's just an area with absolutely nothing, like ABSOLUTELY nothing. They say it's challenging, I say "nephi 3:7... Challenge accepted"

That's all for this week, we'll see how things go next week.