LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 61 - "They got married!!"

Well this week Elder Alvarado officially left the office. It was really sad to see him leave, and a lot of the members were really sad too. We were together for 3 changes (4 and a half months) and we got a really good system going in the office and in the area. The good thing is that Elder Rodriguez is super awesome, so that will definitely make sure the momentum that we started stays moving.

  This was changes week, and one of the biggest ones we've had in a very long time, with 19 missionaries finishing their missions, and 21 coming in to start their missions. We also had 2 emergency changes this week. Our house is really big, but we only have a total of 24 beds in the house. So... when all the 17 new Elders came to sleep in the house, 2 other misisonaries that were having emergency changes, the AP's, and the 4 of us...we didn't have enough, and I decided to sleep on the ground with my blanket and pillow. It was fun, but also super hard to keep that many missionaries under control in the house.

  We had a miracle happen this week with the wedding of Humberto and Jheny. I woke up that morning and instantly started receiving calls from one of the witnesses of the wedding. The alcaldia didn't let anyone but the family and the witnesses in the wedding, so we didnt get to go. He told me that the other witness wasn't there, and that they could do the wedding without the witness, so I called her, and she didn't answer me. I got nervous, and called her at least 8 more times. Still no answer. So I called her neighbor, to talk to her sister to get me the number of the person that she works with to ask where she was. I basically found out that she bailed on us. I told that to the other witness who was at the wedding, and he says that they can't get married without a second witness and in order to change the witness, they need a 3 day warning in advance. So basically I thought they weren't getting married.

  It was a rough day, but then Hermana Paola calls me and says "They got married!!" she then explained to me the whole process that they went through that she ran over and her and the other witness convinced the lady over there to change the witness in that moment, and they got married! Hermana Paola saved the day! We have their baptism at 5 today, so let's hope that everything goes well.