LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 88- They just seem to be falling out of the sky

This week started off with a good Zone Conference. We combined the Zones Danlí and Valle Verde. It was a really good conference. We focused a lot on the book of mormon and how to use it correctly. It's amazing how much i've changed my teaching. When I first started the mission I would wait until like the 4th visit to talk about the book of mormon, but now I understand, and we don't leave a single lesson, or we don't even count the person as a new person that we're teaching unless they have a copy of the book of mormon and an assigned chapter or part.

  These past few weeks, the area presidency has been asking us how many less actives have we been visiting and a whole bunch of other stuff so that's also something that we're trying to focus on a little more. While Elder Rodríguez and I were visiting a less active member she asks us if we wanted corn tamales. We both said yes and then she started going on about how she makes really good corn tamales and how it's corn season and a whole bunch of randon stuff. Anyways, she gives us both a plate and starts getting the corn tamales. She then puts them on our plates, and I swear that when that tamale touched the plate, it make a squishing noise and turned into a pancake. It was the most undercooked tamale I had ever seen. i started eating because she was just so happy to see someone eating her food and she hadn't gone to church in while, so I didn't want to give her another reason to not go to church... It was horrible... I was eating pure dough... My companion was suffuring too.

  I look over and it seemed like he finished. So I forced it all down my throat, and we got the heck out of there. While we were walkig my companion takes the tamale out of his backpack and we just started dying of laughter. We got sick from that for a few days, but she showed up to church on sunday, so it seemed like it was worth it haha.

  This week has been pretty crazy with the people that we are teaching. They just seem to be falling out of the sky. We have been finding so many new people and they are all really positive and really want to learn. We'll see what happens these upcoming weeks!