LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 7- I get to shower with 2 buckets!

Wow... I really don’t even know where to start. so many things have happened just since i got here. I guess i'll just start from the beginning. 

So right after getting my companion, Elder Hernandez who is from Mexico, we find out our area, and we head out to our house. After taking a taxi to the middle of nowhere, we walk on a dirt road for a while, and then we get to our house. I set down my suit cases, and my companion says "alright, lets go work" so without unpacking my stuff, we left for the day. also, my companion literally just finished being trained, so he's been out here for 3 months, and is now my trainer. he's also district leader, he will be receiving many blessings haha.

So the first house we walk into, right in the middle of the room is a rabbit, and i didn’t really think anything of it, just a little strange. we sat down and started teaching, and all of the sudden the rabbit came over to me and starts nibbling on my shoe. i just tried to ignore it, but then a few minutes later, i feel a different feeling, i look down and there was just a random chicken pecking at my foot, in this persons house. then the rabbit left and laid down in the corner. then the chicken followed and just started jumping on the rabbit. the chicken and the rabbit were like best friends or something, then i thought, "the beginning of two years starts now" haha.

My area is called La Honduras, and is in the middle of the city, on a sort of mountain. everything here is hilly, everywhere i walk is either straight up hill, or straight down hill. also, they don’t speak Spanish here. or at least, thats what it feels like. the missionaries say that the best Spanish is in the city, and once you get outside the city, the accent gets a lot worse. when they talk, the don’t use the letter "s" and i just have no clue what they're trying to say, sometimes. then we get back to our house, we plan for the next day, and then in the morning, I get to shower with 2 buckets! not one bucket, TWO haha i have one to hold the water and the other is a smaller one to pour it on me. its the coolest thing ever!


The food here actually isn’t bad at all. Baleadas are absolutely amazing. but something I ate the other day got me a little sick, i’m not sure what it was, but it was only a slight fever of 39 degrees Celsius and its gone now, so don’t worry about that. all is well out here, this will be a hard yet amazing 2 years.


-Elder Case
Elder Case and Elder Hernandez