LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capìtulo 13 - "bruh, you asked the wrong missionary"

Well this week we had stake conference. All of the missionaries in my zone were invited to a session on Saturday that started at 3. We all showed up, and the Area Seventy of Central America was there. The session was about missionary work and was more of a devotional than anything else. Anyways, it was the kind of thing were Elder Duncan (the area seventy) was walking around and talking about how we can imrpove as missionaries. The whole stake was there, and the whole thing was in spanish. I was just kinda chillin in my seat, having been zoned out for the last 20 minutes minding my own business because its Spanish, when Elder Duncan just starts asking me a question. He goes, all in spanish of course, "Elder... Case, What's the difference between teaching an investigator in their house, and the house of a member?" while he was asking the question, I was handed a microphone, and i just gave him a look that said "bruh, you asked the wrong missionary. I've been out here for 6 weeks." then he just gave me a look in the middle of his question that said "bruh, I know you don't know spanish, just say something!" haha Then, having somehow understood the question I responded perfectly! score one for Elder Case.

  Then after the Sunday session of the conference, we were walking back to our area. Some drunk guys came up to us and were like "you're from the States aren't you?" then my idiot self said "yup, I'm from California" then I really don't even know what happened next they just said a few things and started hugging me, saying "you know more than me, you know more than me" just over and over. all I was thinking was that I was starving and I had no food, and it was sunday so I couldn't buy anything. Then I think they started to try to push me over, I really didn't know what was going on haha. Then they realized that they couldn't push me over, and they started apologizing and they gave us a bunch of candy. like, a bunch, they just filled all of our pockets and our hands with candy and walked away. so all was well with my stomache haha.

That's all for this week.
My companion turned 19 on Thursday

A typical ant out here. these things are huge!