LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 16 -"So where are you from?"

Another week down out here in Honduras. This last week Honduras and the USA played in soccer. Of course I doubt anyone in the states really cared, but down here they went crazy. Every single person was out wearing their Honduras jersey and the Honduras pride was at an all time high. Then some members called me the next morning telling me that Honduras lost 6-0, and told me to tell everyone that asked that I was from Costa Rica, just for safety reasons. That's exactly what I did, and I didn't have any problems with that haha.

  Out of nowhere the following morning, this guy that i've never seen in my life comes up to me and asks, in english, "so where are you from?" I was thinking whether or not to say Costa Rica when my companion recognized him as a member, just really inactive, I mean really inactive. After that he took us to his house and we talked and we told him where we were from, he introduced us to his non-member nephew, we taught him one of the lessons, then things got... well, interesting. Throughout the lesson he had been drinking, just excessively and so by the end he was drunker than drunk. He started just giving my companion and I things. He gave us some coins from different countries, some antique plates, a little texas flag, and he tried to give me his laptop haha. Then he started asking me questions about President Trump, like every person out here, then out of nowhere he starts asking about Putin from Russia. Then he was dead set on the fact that i was a Russain spy sent here to spy on him haha. He started talking, in what i assume was Russian, then he'd ask if i understood him. He tried to get me to use the laptop and take a test to prove i wasn't a spy. I really can't explain it very well, but the whole time he was making dolphin noises and i couldn't stop laughing. He walked away to go get more things to give to my companion and i and we just ran out there door and didn't look back.

  That same day we went to go set up for a baptism. We started filling up the font and we noticed that the water level was dropping. We looked around to see what was going on and we found the problem was with the drain plug. My campanion was so sure he knew how to fix it, I look over at him and he's rolling up his sleeves  I was about to tell him how to fix it the easy way, but I noticed he was about to jump in, so I sat down and enjoyed the show. To my delight, he just jumps in practically belly flopping, just to find out that it was a much simpler fix than he thought haha. All is well out here in the great country of Honduras.