LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 38 - There was a coconut tree

Well this new area is full of new experiences. Church was pretty much the same this week, but we had a few more people show up. During the week, we went to go visit as many members as we could, and it turned out well. Our branch president actually came today, but as normal we still had to do everything. It's kind of fun though.

  This week, there was a coconut tree, and on theis coconut tree, there were approxamately a million coconuts. The problem was that the tree was full of ants, so nobody wanted to climb it to get the coconuts. So... we cut it down haha. There was an iguana on the top of the tree too, and when it fell, the iguana jumped off, and I caught it! then the tree fell, and a huge swarm of wasps comes out of the tree, and everyone took off running. We didnt realize that there was a wasp hive there. After the wasps went away, we went back and ate the coconuts, then we skined the iguana, and ate it for dinner.

  I dont mean to be mean, but I dot know what the elders have been doing in this area before I got here, but I can tell you that it did not include missionary work. When I got here, I asked my companion which investigators we were working with, and he just said "well, we dont have any" So we've really been trying to go around and find new investigators so we can actually work. We've been really busy with bringing the inactives to church and finding new investigators.

  The misisonary work is great, but the living conditions are a little.... interesting. Like when I went to the bathroom the other day and had to kill 3 tarantualas. Ive actually gotten pretty good at killing them. I still hate them, and they give me goosebumps, but hey, at they die after a few hits.

That's all for this week.

Short videos of the area, its really fun, I promise!