LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 40 - A rather large tsunami was heading for my little town of Guapinol

Well this week was... interesting. I was sitting there on a normal Friday doing my personal study, super tired, and almost falling asleep, and I get a call from my zone leader asking me if our church building (house) had insurance. I thought that was a weird random question, but I called some poeple and they told me that the church had insurance. Then I get another call, from the AP's, telling me that a storm was coming to the area, and that we shouldnt panic. I mean, I wasnt pamicing before, but at this moment, I starting panicing a bit haha. Then the mission president calls. In that moment, the panicing got real. He told us that there was a huge earthquake in mexico and that a rather large tsunami was heading for my little town of Guapinol, and we needed to get out at that moment.

  So thinking about how dangerous a tsunami would be in my little town built on sticks, we got the heck out of there, warning other people to get out too. They just kind of thought we were crazy, and didnt listen to us. We went pretty far inland, and we waited for another call. We got another call from the AP's telling us that the tsunami probably wont hit Guapinol anymore, but we should still wait a little bit longer to be for sure. In the end, nothing happened, but it definitely woke me up, and I wasnt tired at all that day haha.

  Another problem we have down here, is that we dont really have help from the church. By help, I mean money. Well... I guess I mean any help at all too, but in this sense, im just talking about the money. We had 4 baptisms planned for this Saturday, but the problem is that the church couldnt help us pay for any transportation out of Guapinol to have the baptism, because we cant baptize out here. So Elder Farias and I put our own money, borrowed some boats from some members, bought some gasoline, got permission, and had our baptisms on an island!! it was super awesome!

  Also something crazy this week, church lasted all three hours this week!! that was so much better than the 40 minutes last week!



Making soup to raise money for the baptism




boat ride to the baptism