LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 71 - "Can I pick one of you?"

This week we've been finding a lot of people to teach and we've been getting the ones we have to progress a lot! This week we are planning the baptism of Katerin. She's so awesome! Last week we did visits with the bishop and stake president and we went with Katerin. After the visit they said that she was one of the most prepared people they've seen.

  The next day, we had our district meeting, and we went out to eat with Elder Larsen (from Utah) and Elder Fuentes (from El Salvador) afterwards at a place called pollolandia. let's just say, Elder Larsen is never going back to that place. So we were sitting there enjoying our food, when out of nowhere this really old lady with very very pink hair comes up to us. She says, "can I pick one of you?" We all just kind of sat in silence trying to understand what she meant to say. Then out of nowhere she looks over at Elder Larsen with the strangest look ever and repeatedly raises her eyebrows at him and says "You're pleasing to me" (that's how they express their love in spanish) then she walked away, and we all died of laughter. She walked in literally just to say that to him, and then walked out.

  This week we were helping out a recent convert family make tamalitos. While we were helping I just felt a strong pain on my arm, and jumped out of shock. I was shocked to notice that some of the frijoles we were cooking jumped from the pan and stuck to my arm and burned me. I don't know I just thought it was funny that I burned myself with some frijoles this week. I have a little scar too haha.