LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 73 -My son is Elder Lara

Wow... I never thought that I'd have to translate from spanish to Spanish. My son is Elder Lara. He turned 18 in february and is from Panama. We had our first lesson the first day he got here and it was so funny to see the expressions of the people's faces when he talks. He knows a lot and doesn't need much training, but the people don't understand him when he talks, and when they just look at him all confused like "what did he even say??" I have to repeat it for them. also, he uses words that nobody knows out here. For example, when something is really cool, here they say "Macizo" but in Panama they say "priti" so yeah... basically nobody understands him, but he's great!

  So last week we had contacted a 50 year old man on the street and he told us we could pass by his house this last saturday, and so we did. Well, when we knock on his door, he pops his head out a little window to see who was there. He notices it us, and says "no I can't right know" we noticed immediately that he was more drunk than alcohol himself. We asked him why he couldn't right now. his already red shot eyes started pouring tears and says: "no... my girlfriend left me" I was just shocked by that, and I'm still not sure if I should believe it, but I just looked at him and said: "I know how you feel"  The weirdest part of it all is that right when I said that he disappeared from the window and in half of a second, he opened the door and with his arms wide open says "come here" we hugged for a good 10 seconds because he wouldn't let me go as I was drowning in the smell of alcohol haha. then he says, "come in, you are welcome in my home"  We taught a very very short lesson and we left. It doesn't sound as funny as it was, you just had to be there haha

  This week was interesting. We're changing the attitude of missionary work in the ward, and we're helping a lot of people. We still don't have a ward mission leader, but we did have some strange stake missionary correlation meeting (not sure if that's how it is in english) We didn't really do anything or get to any points or purposes, but I thought the effort was cool haha