LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 25 - Let me just tell you, it's hot... It's really hot

 Well everyone had told me that the south was a hot place out here, so I can't say that I wasn't warned, but I was not prepared to get off of that 7 hour bus ride to my area in the middle of the night and feel the amount of heat that I did. I wouldn't have wanted to feel that kind of heat during the day, but being the middle of the night, I was terrified of what it would be like in the middle of the day. Let me just tell you, it's hot... It's really hot in the middle of the day. Let me put things into perspective. We have an AC unit in the house (yeah, I got super lucky with that) when we get home at night time, we turn on the AC unit. We put the AC unit at 27 degrees celcius and I'm freezing. For those weird people who don't use celcius, it's over 80 degrees fehrenheit.

  Besides the heat, The area is really interesting. There isn't a single paved road, and the houses are made of dirt and sticks. However, the péople here are super humble and nice. regardless of wanting to be members of the church, they'll hear what we have to say and give us some warm and rather dirty water to drink. The curch down here is a branch, and the area is actually so big, that we share the branch with another set of missionaries.

  Church was a lot different than I was used to. You can't really expect the normals down here, like having a church building. We sort of do down here, but it's actually just a house that we converted into a chapel. I like it though, some people have class outside because there isn't enough room for everyone to be having classes. It's super great down here though, and many great stories to come.