LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 26 - Boat ride to Amapala island, I went to the beach for pday!

This week was pretty interesting. I'm still getting to know the area, and my companion, but everything is going well. Our area is really big. But even with this super big area, when I got here, there were almost no investigators. So this week we went out and have been trying to find people like crazy. Something I've noticed out here, more than in the city, is that people talk during prayers. Like during a lesson, I'll be giving the opening prayer and the investigator starts saying their own prayer, or at least repeating my words. That was something they told us in the MTC but i thought that was normal. But this week was just strange. While I was praying at the beginning of a lesson with a family with a million kids, I almost couldn't hold back the laughter as 12 different voices, of these little kids, whispering and repeating my words as I prayed. It was super loud too. Then another time we were in another lesson and the guy yelled my words as I prayed. I couldn't even hear my own words, or thoughts for that matter haha.

  I have realized that I've failed to explain about my new companion. His name is Elder Limones, and he's from Ecuador. He's 20 years old and has 18 months in the mission. Alright, that's all about him. So today, we went to Amapala for Pday, and it was super cool! Amapala is an island out here that is an area where missionaries serve. Yes, I went to the beach for pday! It was super awesome to be there! We took a boat over to the island and watched a baptism that the Elders over there were having in the ocean. That was super cool, and they asked me to be a witness for the baptism, so I got to go in the water! That felt great haha. The boat ride over was pretty cool too. I got to sit at the very front of the boat with my feet sticking over the edge. 

Lots of pictures this week, enjoy, don't miss the one with the baby deer I caught. 

Elder Case