LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 27 - Lots of ups and downs, but ultimately, the good always outways the bad

This week was a really good. Lots of ups and downs, but ultimately, the good always outways the bad when we look back at it. Sunday night, I got something called the Dengue fever. Let me just tell you, it's not fun. However, God always finds a way to make me stop complaining. It was dark, and we were on our was back to the apartment. I was feeling super sick, and I may have accidently hurt my ankle ballin' some kids up in soccer. It started raining, and I was thinking life was just super rough. Then I saw a kid in the distance walking with crutches, and it reminded me of the many months I was walking around with crutches and how terrible that was. The kid got a little closer and it turned out to be a super young boy who was missing a leg. I instantly stopped feeling bad for myself, and tried my best to walk around with a smile.

  Then on Wednesday, we had the privilege of hearing from Elder Rendlund of the qourum of the 12 apostles. We had to wake up at midnight, to make it to the bus stop at 1 in the morning, and then take the 7 hour bus ride to the city, with all of the missionaries from the southern part of our mission, to be there at 8 o'clock. It was a rough morning, but totally worth it. He talked about President Monson, and applied it to all of us. He said that our 89 year old prophet gets up out of his bed every day, and gives every last bit of his energy he has to this church. So then I felt even worse for complaining. It doesnt matter how bad Dengue is, I will always be able to give my all to this work.

  Alright, so the other day we werent allowed to leave the house because I was a little sick, just a little sick. They told me that I had to eat some bananas. So we asked a member to get us some bananas, becuse we couldnt leave the house. This member came back, and I coulnt tell you why, but they gave me sopa de mondongo, which is a cow stomach soup. It's literally the worst thing on the planet, and they decided to give it to us. I just kinda looked at them like, ''What part of 'banana' did you get cow stomach soup from?'' I was glad they just gave it to us and left, because I tried it... and yeah, there was no way I was going to finish that. You can't say I didn't try it haha

Well that's all for this week, I hope everyone has a great week.