LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 65 - Elder Cook will be coming to the mission

So this week, we don't have much time to write, we'll be leaving the office right now to have my last family home evening with President and Hermana Chase before I leave the office next week. I still have no idea where I'll be going to, but I'll for sure know by the next time I write.

  The strange thing is that I'm writing right now on a Monday. It's been a while since I've done this, and it feels really weird haha. Well a few weeks ago, we were told that Elder Cook will be coming to the mission, but President Chase told us to keep it a secret, and so he didn't want to write it to anyone until it had already happened. So two days ago (Saturday) Elder Cook of the twelve apostles, Elder Gong of the presidency of the 70, and Elder Ochoa President of the Area presidency all came at the same time to the mission, and we combined the two missions here, and got to here from them three and their wives.

  It was amazing, and they have been fixing things in the church building here, painting, re-painting, sanding, re-sanding the walls, and literally bought new couches to put in the church building. Before the meeting, Elder Rodriguez and I had to do some last minute things in the office, and so we came a little late to the meeting. (the office is in the church building, so we just walked down a hall to the room. Anyways, the point is that everyone was sitting down, and Elder Rodríguez and I were about to walk in, but President Chase was explaining a few thing to all the missionaries before Elder Cook, Gong, and Ochoa came in, so we waited outside. Right when he finished, President Ochoa (area president) came up and caught us by surprise, but he just shook our hands and walked in(we were right outside the door to the sacrament room). Then my companion leans over and says "Elder Case, let's stay here because Elder Cook is coming up and we can greet him first. I looked at him like "are you sure?" and then I said "....okay" We stayed for like 2 minutes, and then like three people came running at us "Quítense! Quítense! Viene Elder Cook!" So yeah....We didn't get to shake his hand first... hahaha

  Also this week, we recieved the order of 65 beds that I made like 6 months ago. Lets just say that there are a million beds in the house, the house is big, and we are still teenagers. I'll just let your imaginations go wild there hahaha.