LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 67 - I feel like there is something waiting for me here

This week was full of all kinds of emotions. Officially leaving Palmira and coming into my new area La Era. My last day in Palmira, a bunch of members showed up and threw me a little surprise goodbye party. It was really awesome, but sad at the same time. The people there are like my family, and it was hard to say goodbye. 

  My new area is La Era, and it's a lot different than Palmira. The people say that this area is like the south, but here in the capital. It's really hot, and all the streets are dirt. I really do like this area, and I feel like there is something waiting for me here, so I'm going to find what that is. My new campanion is Elder Avendaño, he's 22 and from Guatemala. He's my first companion from Guatemala, and so it's really fun to learn about the culture over there and the difference in his spanish.

  This new ward is really strange. It's divided in half. One half is our area, and the other half is the area of Hermanas. They got the really rich half, and we got the really poor half, but I'm not complaining because it's going to be more of an adventure that way haha. Our half is all dirt roads and a lot of very humble people. It reminds me of the south a lot, so we'll see what adventures are waiting me here.