LAX

LAX
Ready to go!

Capítulo 86- The bishop asked me to speak about marriage

This week started off in divisions. We did divisions with the other set of Elders in the ward. It was really good, and I got to know the other half of the ward. We also did division in an area called Paraíso, and that was really fun too. I've heard a lot of good things about that area, especially because Elder Alvarado started the mission there, and Elder Marcellino, and Elder Ramirez were both in that ward, and we were all together in the office, so all they did was talk about that ward haha. It lives up to it's legend.

This week we also had a meeting with the stake president to talk about the missionary work in the stake. That went really well, and there will be a few exciting changes that he's going to make to make sure that the missionaries have the help and support that they need. Right after that meeting (Saturday night) I get a call from the bishop telling me that I have to give a talk in church. So... I waited till the morning when we were sitting in Sacrament meeting to prepare my talk. I didn't think it went too well, but a lot of people said they liked it. The bishop asked me to speak about marriage, and the family proclamation... weird, right? A missionary talking about marriage. I thought it was pretty weird.

This week we went to visit a recent convert, and she ask for a blessing for her daughter (non-member) who was sick. We gave her the blessing and we sat down and started talking a bit. Then out of nowhere, the recent convert says, "Elders, can you give me some of that oil?" we asked her why, and she responded with "No, it's cause my neck hurts and I wanted to rub it on my neck." Elder Rodríguez and I couldn't hold in the laughter as we started explaining that that's not how it works.